Choosing the right box for packing buying club orders
For farms that direct market and sell their grass-fed and pasture-raised products through buying clubs or farmer's markets there are many important factors to consider when choosing the best box and packaging options. From the dimensions, the thickness of cardboard and even to how your boxes fit on your pallets and shelves are all important factors that need to be considered. This video describes what we've learned over the past several years of direct marketing at Seven Sons Farms.
Here are a few factors to consider:
- Are your box dimensions conducive for palletizing?
- Will your box size work well for easy accessibly at the pickup location?
- Will your box hold up underweight when stacked?
- How will your box fit your shelving system?
- Will your box sizes accommodate the bundles you sell?
We address each one of these questions in the video below:
The box sizes featured in this video are:
- Large Box = 22" x 9.5" x 10"
- Small Box = 22" x 9.5" x 5"
- BURSTING TEST: 275 LBS PER SQ INCH
- MIN COMB WT FACINGS: 138 LBS PER SQ FT